Supernatural Superstar; That is what you are; Even in the most unserious days, God still works in mysterious ways!

Welcome To My Website

Video edited on Kapwing

Wanna Thank you for my life!

Video edited on Kapwing

I got the victory in Jesus!

Video edited on Kapwing

25 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Love The World (Next 5)

 Thursday 7th October 2021

Hey and Happy New Month because this is my first post in October!


It's been a while, yeah I know... and things probably won't be any easier for me in terms of updating this website since I started university this week. But I'll try and update when I can.

Nevertheless, I hope you have had a good week. I certainly have and I hope you have as well.

This is the second to last post as to why you shouldn't love the World. Here is number 16 - 20.

If you want the first 20 reasons, as in collectively, then here is the website for it: 20 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Love The World. But the last 5 were from another website entirely. When I get there, I will credit the website.

I have already credited the website before, when I first started this whole Not Loving The World series. Without further ado, let us continue.

#16 Because it slew Christ.—James 5:6; Matthew 21:39.
I have never heard of the word slew until I came across this so here is a definition for it.

turn or slide violently or uncontrollably.

There is another definition for it, which is this: a large number or quantity of something. Or to put someone to the sword, aka murdering them.

Here are the Bible Passages that the verse just mentioned.

You have judged and murdered people who aren’t guilty. And they weren’t even opposing you. - James 5:6

So they took him and threw him out of the vineyard. Then they killed him. Matthew 21:39

The text normally turns black whenever I've copied and pasted something. Not always though. Most of the time.

I don't change it back to its normal colour because black matches this theme and it goes with everything.

I've now realised what it means when it says that the world slew Christ. God just gave me an epiphany.

But before I explain what that means, I would just like to point out that James 5:6 is linked to James 5:1-5, which is a warning against rich people. So when the writer of James said you have judged and murdered people who aren’t guilty. And they weren’t even opposing you - they are talking mainly about rich people.

However please understand that this isn't saying that being rich is bad. I may not know these people personally but I know a lot of rich people out there who use their riches wisely, for example helping people less fortunate than them or something.

As long as they are doing it for the right reasons and not to look good - remember Matthew 6:5

And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.

As I always like to say, giving with strings attached isn't really giving. And I know that Matthew 6:5 is talking about prayer mainly, but it could be about doing a good deed as well.

James 5:6 is addressing those who became rich illegitimately and/or they are using their riches for the wrong reasons. 

Not being rich through Christ. I might do a topic called being rich without sorrow later. Perhaps in Posts of Encouragement, Underrated Bible Scriptures or after my unfinished Psalms 119 Commentary.

The world slew Jesus Christ because of what Jesus Christ had said in John 15:18 - If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.

As crazy as it sounds, some people actually hated Jesus.


That's why you shouldn't be too fazed if you are a good person but some people don't like you - especially if you are a righteous person and they know it.

Blessed are those who suffer for doing what is right.
    The kingdom of heaven belongs to them. - Matthew 5:10

I did mention here somewhere about a month or more ago that some people did actually try to get dirt on Jesus. 

But the Bible doesn't give us anything bad on Jesus - and it doesn't need to because Jesus didn't do anything wrong.

Some people hardly do anything wrong. However, nobody never does anything wrong except from Jesus.

If it wasn't for people in the world then Jesus wouldn't have gotten crucified. Which had actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise since he died for our sins and he rose up again on the third day anyway. 

So in essence, I guess that his enemies had actually done him a favour without even realising it.

Essentially, avoid loving the things of the world because it will drain you. This post is for me as well.

God had to remind me today that only him and Jesus can make me satisfied and no one else can because I had yet again kept on chasing the wrong things. Most of them weren't even according to God's will for my life.

I don't think they are anyway, unless they will be in the future.

Loving the world will slew you or drain you because it can be pretty frustrating having to catch up with everything all of the time. That's why you shouldn't try to fit in because you were born to stand out.

You've probably heard of the term 15 minutes of fame as well as here today, gone tomorrow.

 That's exactly why you shouldn't try to fit in. You may get the attention you want at first but then it could all disappear and nobody will remember who you are anymore.


And you are outstanding because God made you fearfully and wonderfully - you can find that in Psalms 139:14.

#17 Because it is crucified to us.—Galatians 6:14.

#18 Because we are crucified to it.—Galatians 6:14.

I never want to brag about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Through that cross the ways of the world have been crucified as far as I am concerned. And I have been crucified as far as the ways of the world are concerned. Galatians 6:14

Even though the points are clear, some of them aren't fully clear until I use the scripture related to the point made.

I realised that points 17 and 18 coincidentally uses the same verse so instead of me having to repeat myself, I have decided to link them together instead.

What this verse is saying is that you shouldn't really be bragging about anything except spiritually related things. Not just that but you should really be bragging about our Lord Jesus Christ and how he died for us.

Let me tell you something.

If you do want to brag, do it well, not excessively because it could actually drive some people crazy - not just that but you will be showing off and nobody likes a show off.

Although, when something good does happen in your life, for example say you get promoted after years of unsuccessfully trying.. a lot of people would say:

I got promoted after years of asking to get promoted but failing!

Whilst this is true, you should really be saying:

God helped me get promoted after years of asking but failing.

You see the difference?

 The first one makes it seem as though you did the work, and whilst you did, you're not fully the one to give credit to, in the nicest way possible. No disrespect. 

God helped you.

Not just that but there is this song I know that says:

All the glory must be to the Lord,
Only He is worthy of our praise,
No one on earth should give glory to himself,
For all the glory must be to the Lord.

Never give glory to yourself. I thought this song would be a scripture or something but I don't think it is. It doesn't matter though as it is self explanatory. Always give glory to the Lord.

Not just that but I would just quickly like to link to John 15:5 and James 2:14

I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5

James 2:14 - faith without works is dead.

I have added James 2:14 because if you want God to deliver for you, then you have to put in the effort.

It's kind of like wanting an A star but you're not putting in the effort. God has told you you're going to get an A star and even though you believe him, you're not doing anything. You're just going to let it happen.

You have an whatever happens happens mentality. I'm not saying you do, it's just an example.

This isn't good, as in having a whatever happens happens mentality. It could even be kind of dangerous too as far as I'm concerned. Sort of like you don't have any emotion towards anything, even when you are supposed to do so.

Yes, but all in all, try not to give glory to yourself. 

Always praise the Lord when things happen in your life, and try to boast about him too - specifically Jesus dying on the cross for our sins like Galatians 6:14 suggests.

#19 Because it is the seat of wickedness.—2 Peter 1:4; 1 John 5:19.

He has also given us his very great and valuable promises. He did it so you could share in his nature. You can share in it because you’ve escaped from the evil in the world. This evil is caused by sinful desires. 2 Peter 1:4

We know that we are children of God. We know that the whole world is under the control of the evil one. 1 John 5:19

2 Peter 1:4 kind of links to Galatians 5:17, which says:

 The desires controlled by sin do not want what the Spirit delights in. And the Spirit does not want what the desires controlled by sin delight in. The two are at war with each other. That’s why you are not supposed to do whatever you want.

As the verse says, evil is caused by sinful desires and sinful desires are linked to doing whatever we want.

How?

Because sinful desires => doing whatever we want => evil => death (Romans 6:23)

A lot of people out there have died due to an accidental drug overdose. But if you think about it, it may not always be accidental.

 Sometimes the person who died because of this could have actually planned beforehand to do an overdose, and other people had said their death was accidental to hide the fact that it was on purpose.

I'm not saying accidental drug overdoses aren't accidental and I'm most definitely not disrespecting people who died this way. 

But assuming it was on purpose, this is caused by a sinful desire - to die. Satan let them purposely overdose so as to join Hell, as purposely overdosing is a type of suicide. 

And if you that then you are going to Hell as that is destroying the body.

That's why you've got to remember both John 10:10 and 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (ESV), he asks, “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.”

John 10:10 A thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I have come so they may have life. I want them to have it in the fullest possible way.

Don't do anything that Satan wants you to do because then you'll be clandestinely setting yourself up for destruction. Always obey the Lord at all times so that he can make your paths smooth and straight (Proverbs 3:5-6). And I pray that he does this to you, amen.

Last but certainly not least...

#20 Because its God is the evil one.—2 Corinthians 4:4.

The god of this world has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They can’t see the light of the good news that makes Christ’s glory clear. Christ is the likeness of God. 2 Corinthians 4:4

Christians mean Christ like in God, so we have to try to make ourselves as Christ-like as possible.

Matthew 5:48 says Be ye therefore perfect, even as yourFather which is in heaven is perfect

I know no one is perfect but it means trying to do the right thing as much as you can, even if the world is against it. Either way, don't deny God else he will deny you.

But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven. Mathew 10:33

Galatians 1:10  Am I now trying to get people to think well of me? Or do I want God to think well of me? Am I trying to please people? If I were, I would not be serving Christ.

Worldly things have blinded the people who do not believe in God as they don't normally realise that loving the world is wrong and that they shouldn't do it.

They can’t see the light of the good news that makes Christ’s glory clear as the verse suggests.

That's why you have to know better than them so that you can differentiate right, loving God against wrong, loving the world.

I understand loving the world is not easy and it takes some time to do, that's okay. I'm still not over the things of the world yet and I've been doing these series for about a month now.

But I'm trying.

That's all for today, I shall see you next time hopefully. Have a blessed day, good luck in whatever you are doing and stay blessed.

Here is a goodbye dance.


 
Till next time, Lola xxx